CHRIS EUBANK JR faces rival Liam Williams as boxing makes its BIG return this weekend.
The British Boxing Board of Control suspended boxing in the UK all January to allow medics to prioritise their work with the NHS during the coronavirus pandemic. And now it’s back with a huge show in Cardiff.
Eubank Jr and Williams were set to fight in December, before an injury to Williams forced its postponement.
It was then set for late January before suffering a second postponement after the BBBofC’s ruling. Now they finally meet.
Eubank Jr, 32, has branded his opponent as a “keyboard warrior” ahead of the grudge match on Saturday.
He said: “It’s real for me. Is it real for him? He had a lot to say on social media over the last couple of years that he wasn’t able to articulate when I stood in front of him at the press conference.
“Maybe he isn’t real, maybe he is fake. He is a keyboard warrior, just like all the other guys. He has a lot to say with his thumbs, but when the time comes and he’s in front of the man he’s supposed to say it to, he backs down and I don’t respect that.”
Who is on the Eubank Jr vs Williams undercard?
A stacked bill in Cardiff sees Olympian Caroline Dubois make her pro debut, plus the GWOAT Claressa Shields in chief support.
Eubank Jr’s cousin Harlem is also in action as he continues his fledgling boxing career.
Harlem, 27, is 12-0 with four K.Os.
Sky Sports begin their coverage of the undercard from 7.30pm.
- Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Williams (Middleweight)
- Claressa Shields vs Ema Kozin (WBA, WBC and IBF women’s middleweight titles)
- Chris Jenkins vs Julius Indongo (Welterweight)
- Rhys Edwards vs Ruslan Berhcuk (Featherweight)
- Harlem Eubank vs TBA (Super lightweight)
- Samuel Antwi vs Conah Walker (Welterweight)
- Caroline Dubois vs Vaida Masiokaite (Women’s lightweight)
- Steve Robinson vs Shane Gill (Heavyweight)
When is Eubank Jr vs Williams?
- The big domestic dust-up was set for Saturday, January 29 – but was POSTPONED for a second time.
- Originally, the fight was scheduled for December 11, but a shoulder injury for Williams had put the fight back by six weeks.
- It will now be held this weekend on Saturday, February 5.
- It will be held at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, which will house around 7,000 fight fans.
- The evening’s entertainment will start around 6pm, with the main event around 10pm GMT.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
You will be able to watch every jab, duck and upper-cut on Sky Sports Arena.
Sky Sports get their coverage underway from 7.30pm.
If you’re not a Sky customer, you can watch by grabbing a NOW TV pass from £9.99.
SunSport will be running a dedicated live blog for this fight, so you don’t miss any of the drama.