AFTER a frantic January, the transfer window will shut for Premier League clubs next Monday.
With the race now on to get last-minute deals over the line, we’ll bring you all the big stories as they happen right here.
Chelsea were looking at strengthening their squad but instead a number of players are said to be wanting to leave after growing unhappy with Thomas Tuchel, as Romelu Lukaku is reported to be.
Georginio Wijnaldum is reportedly open to a return to the Premier League this January, although the PSG star is currently out with an injury.
While we’ve the very latest on Luis Diaz, with Tottenham joining the race for the Porto star.
Dele Alli’s future remains a mystery, with a host of Premier League clubs reportedly preparing a move for the out-of-favour Spurs star.
And Bruno Guimaraes is set for a medical at Newcastle United after the Toon saw off competition from Arsenal.
Follow ALL the latest transfer gossip and news with our live blog below…
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Referee’s revenge porn horror
Italian football referee Diana Di Meo has revealed that she has been the victim of revenge porn.
The 22-year-old official from the coastal city Pescara announced that private and explicit photos and videos had been stolen from her and posted on WhatsApp and Telegram.
She reported it to the authorities, with the culprits reportedly facing up to six years in jail for sharing the content without her consent.
Di Meo told police: “I’ve been locked up at home, I’ve been crying and throwing up for two days.”
The referee also took to Instagram, posting a three minute long video to her near 100,000 followers, in which she thanked fans for flooding her with messages of support.
Diallo set for Rangers move
Amad Diallo is on the brink of joining Rangers on loan, according to reports.
The Manchester United winger, 19, has seen opportunities limited at Old Trafford since his £37million transfer from Atalanta a year ago.
And Anthony Elanga’s recent run of games out wide has further limited his chances of getting minutes.
According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, the final details are being sorted on his temporary transfer to Ibrox.
It is understood the deal will be for six months.
Rangers do not have an option to make the switch permanent in the summer.
Romano adds interim Red Devils boss Ralf Rangnick agreed to let the youngster go and Gers could even announce the signing within the next few hours.
Wijnaldum drops hint about future
Paris Saint-Germain ace and former Liverpool star Georginio Wijnaldum has hinted he is happy in Paris after being linked with a move to Arsenal.
Speaking on PSG’s Twitch channel, Wijnaldum said: “My integration went well. I arrived at a new club, a new league.
“I learn every day from my team-mates and the staff. They all helped me a lot to fit in.
“We get to know each other a little more every day. I’m learning French too, it’s important for my integration”
Sevilla chief speaks
Sevilla’s chief Monchi has revealed why the club won’t allow Diego Carlos to join Newcastle this January.
He said: “The Newcastle offer was a good offer, a respectable offer.
“But the offer, our board and management team thought it wasn’t enough.
“It’s true that maybe it wasn’t the right time. It’s a difficult market to find a replacement for a player like Diego Carlos.
“It’s a market that takes place over a very short period of time. Maybe if that offer comes along in the summer then things might have changed.
“The offer was a very good offer, a very respectable offer but not at the best possible time. We consider the negotiation finished.”
Toon’s transfer woes
Sevilla’s chief Monchi confirmed that Newcastle’s January pursuit for Diego Carlos is over – but said a summer move could be possible.
Toon have tried desperately all month to land the Brazilian centre-back but saw a £30million bid rejected.
Newcastle are now tracking Brighton’s Dan Burn and have gone in with another offer after their first of £8million was rebuffed by the Seagulls, who value the defender at £15m.
Carlos, 28, would have seen his wages tripled to £120,000-a-week and was keen on the move to Tyneside.
But Sevilla, who are fighting it out with Real Madrid for the La Liga title, held firm despite the Magpies’ persistence.
Trippier’s title dreams
Kieran Trippier believes Newcastle can challenge for the Premier League title within two years.
The England right-back arrived from Atletico Madrid earlier this month for £12million, signing a two-and-a-half year deal.
But despite sitting one point off safety, Trippier, 31, reckons Toon’s new mega-rich Saudi owners can leave them challenging for domestic AND European honours by the end of his contract.
He said: “I don’t want to look too far ahead but I’m hoping this season we stay up and then kick on.
“I signed a two-and-a-half-year contract and by the end of that we want to be challenging for titles, we want to be challenging for Europe.
“With the owners we’ve got and the plans they’ve got in place for where they want to go, then of course it’s achievable.”
Messi’s demand to Argentina team-mates
Alexis Mac Allister has revealed Lionel Messi told their Argentina team-mates to stop poking fun at his red hair.
The Brighton midfielder was referred to as ginger by his La Albiceleste team-mates following his call-up to the squad in the summer of 2019.
Mac Allister – the son of former Boca Juniors star Carlos – took exception to the nickname, so much so Messi demanded the team stop using it.
He told The Athletic: “I trained with him when I was in the Argentinian squad twice, but I didn’t play with him.
“It was fantastic, the same as in the matches he trains. It’s something you cannot believe.
“I remember everyone called me ‘Colo’, which is ginger in Argentina.
“I don’t like it much and he told the team-mates that.
“He said, ‘He doesn’t like to be called Colo, so don’t call him that!’”
Rangnick confirms Lingard’s imminent exit
Ralf Rangnick appeared to reveal Jesse Lingard is on his way out of Manchester United in a video posted on social media.
In the TikTok video a United fan approaches Rangnick begging him to keep ahold of Lingard.
But Rangnick dismisses his request and hints at a move taking place this month due to the player’s contract situation.
Rangnick said: “He (Lingard) will leave in the summer anyway.”
Konate’s billed as Liverpool’s future
Liverpool centre-back Ibrahima Konate has been backed by John Barnes to ‘take over’ the defence from Virgil van Dijk in the future.
He told BonusCodeBets: “Ibrahima Konate is a player for the future and one who will eventually take over this defence.
“It will take Ibrahima sometime to bed himself into this team, similarly to Fabinho when he first arrived at the club.”
Ronaldo’s a travelling nightmare
Georgina Rodriguez says travelling on Cristiano Ronaldo’s private jet has put her off jumping on a normal plane with her footballer partner.
The pretty brunette admitted on new Netflix show ‘I am Georgina’ – out today to coincide with her 28th birthday: “To me the best part of travelling in Cris’ jet is its crew, no doubt and the jet does really make life much easier.”
Speaking as she boarded the plane to Paris to choose an outfit for the Cannes Film Festival at Jean Paul Gaultier’s studio, she added: “If I had to be in an airport for two hours with Cristiano I’d go insane. I mean I couldn’t go, I’d rather not travel.”
Italian legend looks unrecognisable
An Italian football legend looked unrecognisable as he moonwalked in the street while stuffing his face with pizza.
The retired star was having a ball as he devoured his mammoth slice.
And the footwork left plenty to be desired with some questionable dance moves.
Those following the former Inter Milan hero would have been forgiven for thinking it was a random bloke strutting his stuff on a narrow road when it popped up on their Instagram timeline.
Especially because he was wearing a puffer jacket, cargo trousers, boots and a backpack.
But it was, in fact, Christian Vieri.
His bizarre video has racked up more than 1.1million views.
Barca launch Adama Traore bid
Barcelona have reportedly made their first move in bringing Wolves winger Adama Traore back to the Nou Camp.
The Blaugrana were linked with a swoop for the 26-year-old on Wednesday and are acting fast in looking to secure his services this month.
Tottenham have been desperate to land the Spain international since the summer, with the club already having a £15million offer knocked back in January.
And SunSport stated how Spurs were lining up an improved £20m bid after making him their No1 target in the winter transfer window.
But in a blow for the North London outfit, the Blaugarana now appear to be the frontrunners in luring the player away from Molineux.
According to Mundo Deportivo, the LaLiga giants are keen on landing Traore to replace Ousmane Dembele.
Derby given extension
Derby County have been given a one-month extension in order to provide the EFL with proof of funding.
The Rams had previously been set a deadline of February 1 or risked facing liquidation and expulsion from the EFL.
But today’s announcement allows them extra time to continue negotiations with interested bidders, while also continuing to fulfil their fixtures.
The further four-week period also enables legal claims by Wycombe Wanderers and Middlesbrough to be further explored.
Stoking the flames
Stand-in stopper Frank Fielding will be staying at Stoke City for the rest of the season.
The experienced 33-year-old goalkeeper joined the Potters last month from Millwall on a short-term deal to provide cover for Jack Bonham and Adam Davies in the absence of the injured Joe Bursik.
Davies sealed a permanent move to Sheffield United earlier this week, triggering Stoke’s decision to extend Fielding’s stay until the end of the current campaign.
Get him to the Greek
Chris Coleman has signed Englishman Adil Nabi for Greek club Atromitos.
The ex-West Brom and Peterborough midfielder, 27, joins Cookie on a two-and-a-half year deal from rivals OFI Crete in the Greece Super League.
Birmingham-born Nabi had spells with Dundee in Scotland and Dehli Dynamos in India where he played alongside Roberto Carlos.
Now the former England Under-17s player aims to lead struggling Atromitos away from relegation.
Nabi said: “Chris Coleman is a top coach. A great name. Everyone knows him in England and all over the world.
“It was a very important factor that I wanted to come and know which coach I was going to work with. I want to bring the club joy and success.”
Ronaldo teases fans
Cristiano Ronaldo teased fans on Instagram with a sweaty post from Dubai.
But he is primarily there to keep working on his body.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner posted a picture of himself shirtless, sweaty and smiling while lying down.
He captioned it: “Guess what I’m gonna do now?! 🤔”
The post clearly tickled his partner Georgina Rodriguez.
She commented ‘🤣🤪’ before adding: “I know 1000%.”
Haaland snubs Messi and Ronaldo
Erling Haaland snubbed Cristiano Ronaldo as he named his best three players in the world.
And Lionel Messi was not his No1 choice, either.
The Borussia Dortmund striker, 21, was quizzed on who he would pick as the top performers over the last year.
Haaland had no doubts over who would take his first spot.
He told Sky Sports: “That’s a good question.
“In the last year, I think you have to say Robert Lewandowski. Yes, Lewandowski No1.
“And then for me, Karim Benzema has also been amazing.
“But also Lionel Messi is outstanding so Benzema and Messi share second and third place.”
Prem giants battle for Gakpo
Arsenal are reportedly in competition with Manchester City and Liverpool in the race to prise PSV forward Cody Gakpo away from Holland.
Foot Mercato claim that Arsenal are eyeing up a swoop to sign him before the winter transfer window slams shut.
Though they have also declared that Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola are both keeping a watchful eye over the player.
Phillips is a wanted man
Newcastle and West Ham are engaged in a transfer battle for Liverpool star Nathaniel Phillips, according to reports.
Newcastle have already had a loan offer with an obligation to buy Phillips turned down by Liverpool.
Despite that the Magpies are still keen to sign the 24-year-old, according to The Independent, who also report West Ham’s interest.
The Reds are not willing to let him leave on the cheap having rejected a £7million bid from Watford for his services.
Rush blasts Senegal over Mane
Ian Rush has blasted Senegal for not taking Sadio Mane off the pitch straight away after he suffered a concussion at AFCON.
Rush told Gambling.com: “It was disappointing to see Sadio Mane’s health put at risk in Senegal’s 2-0 win over Cape Verde in the Africa Cup of Nations this week
“In this day and age, you have to stop anyone from continuing when there’s a serious head injury and take them off the field even if there’s the slightest doubt about their wellbeing.”
Ferdinand blasts United
Rio Ferdinand believes it doesn’t matter who Manchester United sign until they stop relying on ‘individual brilliance’ to win games.
The former Red Devils hero was quizzed about whether West Ham’s £100million-rated star Declan Rice would be a great signing for Ralf Rangnick’s side.
He said on his Vibe with Five podcast: “I don’t think it matters what individuals Man United bring in.
“It’s about the way the team is built, and the way the tactics are implemented.
“I think you need a style of football, you need tactics put in place, and an identity put in place, which we’ve been calling for for ages, that the players can all identify with, and then you go forward with it.
“Until that system is put in place, I don’t care who we sign.”
Exciting young prospect
Liverpool are one of several European clubs interested in Palmeiras wonderkid Endrick.
That is according to Marca, who report the Reds have joined the bidding war for the Brazilian ace.
Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal are also said to be keeping tabs on the 15-year-old ace.
Endrick has a £14million release clause but cannot join a team outside of Brazil until he turns 18
Broja bid expected
Chelsea are set for a record £25million Armando Broja transfer bid from Southampton.
Broja is impressing on loan at St Mary’s with seven goals and one assist in 21 appearances across all competitions.
Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano tweeted: “Understand Southampton are now expected to launch a £25m record bid for Albanian striker Armando Broja. Proposal to be submitted soon.
“Let’s see Chelsea position – as Thomas Tuchel is a big admirer of Broja. “He’s our player”, Tuchel said few days ago”
Osimhen bidding war
Newcastle and Arsenal are keeping tabs on Napoli ace Victor Osimhen during the January transfer window.
That is according to Gazzetta dello Sport, who report that Osimhen is valued at £60million.
The Partenopei aren’t keen to make any discounts, therefore a potential suitor will have to splash the cash for the striker.
The Magpies are looking for significant additions to avoid relegation from the Premier League.
Arsenal, on the other hand, are set to miss out on Fiorentina star Dusan Vlahovic and are thus looking for alternative solutions
Not taking it Lyon down
Lyon have “categorically denied” that Newcastle have reached an agreement for Bruno Guimaraes.
But the Magpies are still pushing for a £30million deal for Guimaraes, with the Ligue 1 club having taken the exact same stance in the past before selling a host of players.
That’s despite reports from the Chronicle detailing a provisional medical is scheduled for Friday after Brazil’s clash against Ecuador.
Talks are still ongoing between the two clubs