21.3 C
Los Angeles
Sunday, October 2, 2022

Bruno Guimaraes set for Newcastle medical while in South America on international duty ahead of £43m move

War NewsBruno Guimaraes set for Newcastle medical while in South America on international duty ahead of £43m move

[ad_1]

NEWCASTLE expect to be given the green light from Lyon for Bruno Guimaraes on Friday.

The midfielder was in Ecuador for Brazil’s World Cup qualifier on Thursday night, with Toon having provisionally booked a medical in South America for Friday.

Newcastle expect to be given the green light from Lyon for Bruno Guimaraes

2

Newcastle expect to be given the green light from Lyon for Bruno GuimaraesCredit: Getty
He will undergo a medical ahead of the transfer while in South America

2

He will undergo a medical ahead of the transfer while in South AmericaCredit: Getty

Lyon were not convinced by the structure of Newcastle’s £33.5million offer but the Magpies have come back with £35m plus £8m in bonuses.

Eddie Howe is still hopeful of landing Brighton defender Dan Burn after a second bid of around £10m was tabled, although the Seagulls are holding out for £15m.

And Newcastle remain in the hunt for Bayer Leverkusen’s Duch left-back Mitchel Bakker.

The Germans want £16m and are looking for a replacement before sanctioning the move.

The Mags had been pursuing Sevilla centre-back Diego Carlos but were left frustrated by the Spanish club’s hardball negotiation.

Their latest £30m bid was rejected and Sevilla chief Monchi yesterday stated that talks are ‘finished’ – but hinted a summer deal is possible.

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

The sporting director said: “The Newcastle offer was good but our board and management team thought it wasn’t enough.

“But our board and management team thought it wasn’t enough.

“It’s a difficult market to find a replacement for a player like Diego Carlos. We consider the negotiation finished.

“Maybe if that offer comes along in the summer then things might have changed.”

The relegation-threatened Mags have only signed Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood so far, for a combined £37m.

But if they can survive the drop this season, Trippier expects Newcastle to be challenging for the Premier League title in two years’ time.

The England right-back told The Athletic: “I’m hoping this season we stay up and then kick on.

“I signed a two-and-a-half year contract and by the end of that we want to be challenging for titles, we want to be challenging for Europe.

“With the owners we’ve got and the plans they’ve got in place for where they want to go, then of course it’s achievable.

“Look at Man City. They did it the right way. They bought the right players at the right time. The owners here know where they want Newcastle to be.”

 Read our Transfer News Live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals



[ad_2]

Source link

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles